Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thankful on a Monday?

MONDAY
1) My parents. They're crazy; it's undeniable. Yet they have managed to put up with me for twenty years so far, and we all know - even without having to change my diapers - that that's difficult. They put ideas in my head and shoes on my feet, and I can never stop thanking them for that.

2) I live in an interesting time. Anesthesia? Women and blacks voting? Religious freedom? The United States' first black president? Antibiotic-resistant viruses? Castro not leading his country? Gay marriage even thinkable (most days)? Nanotubes? Wi-fi on an iPod?!! These things is cool, kids. Look at how far we've gotten even since Junior High! I'm lucky to be one of the first to board the elevator to a very fascinating tomorrow.

3) Reese's peanut butter cups. Peanut butter! Chocolate! Reese must've been one awesome dude or lady. They're so tasty! Also, I can justify eating more of them than I really should because of the peanut butter bit. Sugar high, here I come!

4) Education. Woot! I can speak at least a little in three different languages, can explain what factors led to the Renaissance, and can determine the change in the slope of a line at any given point on the curve. Ain't it cool? I feel so knowledgeable sometimes, but then I see how much I have yet to learn.

5) Ticklishness. An evolutionary psychologist might try to explain to you that ticklishness evolved as a psychological defense to rape and sexual abuse, but I'll just tell you this: it's one of many fun and mostly legal ways to make your friends and family laugh and scream and cry and squirm in the same sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment