Sunday, January 6, 2008

Put those Steampunk Muttonchop Skillz to work!

I told myself that I would take part in the holiday created by the brilliant Aaron Diaz and his friends: Pretend to be a Time Traveler Day. Well, sadly, friends, I didn't. But that doesn't mean I can't do it someday, say... twenty years ago! Bad joke - sorry. Seriously, though, I look forward to next December 8th, when I will maybe dress up as a mildly confused, pleasantry-exchanging time traveler. The video below, which Diaz posted on the front page of his comic, Dresden Codak (an incredible comic for sure - an INTP is the lead, and crazy physics theories pervade it), is hilarious and interesting. I love the conversations: "Please don't vote for Ron Paul!"

I must be fascinated with time travel lately. I've recently reread one of my favorite books, The Time Traveler's Wife, a beautiful and romantic tragedy with a fantastic premise the author, Audrey Niffenegger, skillfully makes quite realistic. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this book. Last time I read it, I stopped before the end because I didn't want the plot to stop (strange logic, I know). I cannot emphasize enough how incredible it is. I'm also looking forward to the movie, which looks great so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment