Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hourly Comic Day 2010!

If you weren't around me over the course of February 1st, you may not be privy to the glorious holiday that is Hourly Comic Day. If you're too lazy to follow the link and look around the website at the other end of it, here's HCD in a nutshell: every January, the very talented John Campbell of Pictures for Sad Children spends the entire month making a two-panel comic, every waking hour, about what happened in his life that hour. That is many hours and many comics, so on February 1st, in solidarity with John's cause (whatever the hell that is), a bunch of people (cartoonists, artists, and even laypeople like me) join in by making a measly day of hourly comics. I have wanted to do HCD for a couple years now, but only this year have I gotten my act together in time to actually do it. I did a few practice comics (they're hilarious; maybe I'll post them sometime), marked the day in my planner, and set to it. Of course, I was an idiot and missed the first hour, but I think I made up for it a little.

And so, without further ado, my poorly-drawn, not-so-funny hourly comics (click on any to enlarge, btw):
















1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. God.

    these are so funny... thanks for posting them! I think they should be printed on archival paper and stored for safe-keeping in a ....Hitler Box®

    ReplyDelete